Monday, September 1, 2008

Israel anyone?


Hello friends and family!

This is definitely the most exciting post I’ve written since the one that announced I was moving to Salt Lake City! I'm so excited to inform you of my plans for 2009!

For four years I've wanted to go to the Middle East and now that dream is finally coming true! In just over four months I'll be going to Jerusalem! I will be there for two months helping a young American couple with their three children (two boys and a girl who is due in December). I am so stinking excited!!

It was the summer of 2004 that I felt the first twinges of desire to go to the Middle East. Four months later I was talking to someone about my desire to go, and they said, "Cat, if you want to go to the Middle East, God will send you." It was said with so much conviction that I was almost scared for when that call might come. Later that same month I felt - in a truly inexplicable way - God promising me that he would, indeed, send me to the Middle East.

Four years later, God is keeping his promise, has called me, and I am definitely scared! But scared in a really exciting and awesome way!

So how did this happen? My friend, Bonnie, lived in Jerusalem for a while and knew Mike and Julie (the couple) from back in Utah (where Julie is originally from). They asked her if she knew anyone who would be interested in coming to Israel for a couple months. Bonnie and I had immediately started talking about our mutual passion for the region when we first met so when she received their email she forwarded it to me right away. Of course, I was ecstatic and extremely interested!
So they have extended an invitation for me to live with them in Jerusalem and help them in the mornings with their kids. This leaves me free with the rest of the day to do with what I please. They told me I could travel, take classes, or get involved with a local ministry. I've done some researching and there are already a million things I want to see and do! I can't wait!

Needless to say, my list is full of things that I need to have accomplished before I go! Tons of work to save money, buying my ticket, getting my passport, preparing myself for the GRE, finding someone to sublet my place while I'm gone, and getting ready to get those grad school apps out! Much prayer would be appreciated!

I can't wait to keep updating as my travel plans move forward and I get ready to go! Thanks for your support and love!

Peace,
Cat

No comments: