Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I wish spiders could read English…

…Because I would post signs in my room saying, “If I find you, you will die.”

The whole spider thing is seriously out of control. Today there was a 10 minute stand off between me and a spider. The only reason I won was because I didn’t want it nesting somewhere else in my room. Because that’s right… it made a nest in my shirt and duffle bag. This guy was not messing around. So ten minutes later, knees and hands shaking, I whacked it. 5 whacks later, it finally stopped moving. So here’s the thing: I like where I live, I like Tricia, but I don’t like spiders. So the sooner I can move, the better! And my mom told me that now is the time spiders come indoors looking for winter housing. YUCK! Keep praying, my wonderful friends and family. I don’t like insects with 8 legs.

In other news, life in Utah is settling in. Salt Lake City is definitely becoming home, and people let me tell you, God is listening to your prayers! I can’t even believe how much this past week differed from the week before. Jesus is way cool! Today I met with one of the junior high leaders and her story and testimony were sooo encouraging and such a huge reminder of why I came to Utah. If you’d like to ask me about it, please do. I feel like my job is really taking off and I’ve been given the opportunity to really take ownership over my responsibilities. I meet and more and more of the kids everyday and they’re awesome!

Tonight, we went to help out with the Dreamcenter. It was so great being a part of that. The senior high group as well as a ton of adult volunteers went out to one of the apartment complexes that the Dreamcenter works with and we gave away backpacks and school supplies for over 100 children. It was incredible!

More about Salt Lake… everything here makes me think about you guys. All the artsy, spunky, independent coffee shops remind me of my sister; the cute clothing boutiques remind me of Nicole; all the bridal stuff reminds me of, of course, Julia; the Utah trax system reminds me of riding the metro with Jo; and all things related to living situations remind me of the wonderfulness of Steph, Lindsey and CFox. (Miss you girls.) Basically, I just miss all you guys a ton a ton a ton! So you all should just come visit me!

Prayer requests: of course there is the whole spider epidemic (I won’t walk barefoot on my carpet just in case), but also my computer has been on the fritz lately and I can’t afford a new one. Jill is supposed to be out here pretty soon so please be praying for job openings for her and God’s continued guidance is bringing her here. I definitely need focus and keep praying that God would provide community and last but not least, I have had three interviews for a serving position at P.F. Chang’s downtown so hopefully I’ll be hearing from them soon.

Love you guys so much and miss you all!

Peace,
Cat

No comments: